mySidewalk’s mission is to empower city leaders and the public with the most complete, clear, and real-time understanding of their community so they can improve and innovate together.
Over the last seven years, our company has helped city leaders make the best decisions on behalf of their communities. It all began with MindMixer, mySidewalk’s online community engagement solution that (so far) has helped more than 1,200 organizations have more meaningful conversations with residents.
We realized, however, that in order for city leaders to make more informed decisions, they need to be able to combine citizen feedback with quantitative information (aka data). Thus, mySidewalk was born!
Our customers have told us it’s extremely hard to extract, measure, and communicate data. We’ve also learned that while many cities are working to open their data, few are able to harness it. That’s where we can help:
mySidewalk is a city intelligence tool that makes it easy for analysts in local government to measure performance, make sense of the results, and deliver a compelling narrative to the public and policymakers.
To put it simply, we’re helping people make progress on their process and add meaning to their metrics.
How do we do that?
Identify the data that matters to you and we help unlock it - wherever it’s stuck - so you can use it. And we have a team of data scientists and GIS specialists; meaning that we do regular maintenance to ensure continued data integrity, so you don’t have to.
- Pre-loaded data: Access the mySidewalk data library, which includes over 2,000+ (and growing) datasets. You have full access to data that would normally take hours to compile.
- Data upload: Add your own points, lines, and polygons. Upload the locally sourced data you use to measure progress. We’ll aggregate it to neighborhoods, political districts, public safety districts, plan areas, you name it.
Without the right time, tools, and technical expertise, it’s hard to get insights that enrich conversations and improve city-scale decisions. But mySidewalk’s geospatial analytics engine is fine-tuned to help you answer pressing questions about city progress and growth, quickly.
- Geospatial Analysis: Map key indicators to every geography. Examine the distribution of progress across census-reported geographies, plus neighborhoods, political districts, MPOs, school districts, police districts, and more.
- Correlations: Measure relationship between variables. Discover key indicators that are impacting each other, and determine the strength of the relationship.
- Comparisons: Benchmark related and peer places. Compare parts of the city (neighborhood to neighborhood); parts of the city to the whole (downtown to city); and the city to its peers.
- Trends & Projections: Understand growth and decline. See how places have changed and are expected to change, with a focus on inflection points.
- DIY Analysis: Answer your own questions with user-friendly tools, like map filters for finding locations that meet the parameters you set, and drawing tools for creating and analyzing custom shapes.
Create beautiful, dynamic, informative reports and dashboards. Communicate progress on key indicators, provide context about what’s happening, and share valuable insights about the impact of the city’s work in a way that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Custom Reports: Create a custom, interactive report that people will love to dig into; including auto-generated charts and tables for every dataset, a rich text editor to tell your story, the ability to compare multiple locations, and auto-syncing of shared reports.
- Dashboards: Dashboards let you bring people together around a powerful narrative: the city is improving lives by improving government - and they’re measuring the progress block-by-block. You handpick the categories and key indicators, and we help provide rich visualizations and findings to share, all the while keeping the data fresh.
- Charts & Graphs: Embed, download, and share the charts and graphs you create. Add to maps, custom reports, and dashboards to tell a visually appealing story!
- Interactive Maps: We make it easy to map every indicator and share the results with stakeholders, so they can explore the areas where they’re most invested. With maps, you have the ability to visualize concentrations of key variables, map two variables to pinpoint where their relationship is strongest and weakest, overlay any dot, line, or polygon layer, and embed in reports, dashboards, and any website.
Ready to get started? Try building your own customized report! Or check out any of the following articles to learn more about all things mySidewalk:
- Maps: Learn about how building a customized map on mySidewalk helps you tell a story about a place using data
- Drawing Tools: Learn how to draw your own custom area of interest using our Drawing Tool
- Data Apportionment Process: Learn how mySidewalk apportions data to different geographic boundaries