Note: This feature is for sharing reports or dashboards with individuals who do not have access to your organization’s mySidewalk account. Today, any individual with access to the mySidewalk platform can view, edit, and share any report or dashboard.
Sometimes you’ll want to share a report or dashboard securely so the item cannot be accessed without authorization.
The password feature allows users to assign a password to their published items so that only individuals who have been provided the password may view the report or dashboard.
When you share a password-protected report or dashboard, the individual who opens the item’s link in their browser will be prompted for the password you have set. The viewer must enter the password and click submit to access and view the item.
To assign a password to your report:
- Open the report in Edit mode and save all desired changes.
- Click Publish on the right hand of the screen, and select Published - Private from the dropdown menu.
- This will bring up a page prompting you to set your password. Simply type in the password you desire, and click Submit.
- Share the report link and password with intended viewers.
To assign a password to your dashboard:
- Open the dashboard in Edit mode and save all desired changes
- Click Dashboard Settings on the right hand of the screen
- Click the Publish drop-down menu and select Published - Private
- This will bring bring up a page prompting you to set your password. Simply type in the password you desire, and click Submit.
- Share the dashboard link and password with intended viewers.
To remove or change a password in your report or dashboard:
- Click the Publish drop-down menu and select Not Published. This un-publishes your item and removes the currently set password
- To re-publish your item for public access without a password, simply select Published - Public from the drop down menu.
- To re-publish your item privately with a new password, select Published - Private and enter the new password.