mySidewalk helps you weave data-driven visualizations with narrative, imagery and other content to help you tell the story of your community and drive progress. Now you can feature video content as well, with the ability to embed videos posted to the popular video hosting sites, Youtube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion. It’s easy and empowers you to create an even more engaging experience for your audience.
How to add a new video
- Add a new text box to your report or dashboard.
2. In the Text Box options, select the "play" icon to embed a video in the text box.
3. On the Youtube, Vimeo or DailyMotion webpage of the video, copy the URL of the video you want to embed.
4. Paste the video URL into the dialogue box.
5. You can add supporting text, such as titles or a description of the video in the same text box.
Once your report or dashboard is published, your audience will be able to view the video directly from your report page. Your viewer’s experience will resemble the experience of watching the video from the source site, meaning advertisements, recommended videos, and other elements from Youtube will be present. If you are using videos from a Youtube account that you own, you can turn off ads from your Youtube settings.
How to remove or change your video
To remove your video, simply return to edit the text, click on the video and hit the ‘delete’ key on your keyboard. To change an existing video to a new video, simply remove the old video and add the new video using the steps above.
And that’s it!