Starting from scratch is hard—particularly when it comes to anything data-related. That’s why we’ve created research-driven templates to give users a helpful starting point in customizing their own reports.
Report Template Library
The Report Template Library includes dozens of pre-built, research-based reports. Once you select a report, it will re-populate with data specific to your community. Maps and images are included, and can be customized along with all other components to reflect your community’s brand and narrative.
- Go to the "Menu" on the home page and select "Reports." From here, you'll be able to see all of the reports your organization has created and browse the Reports Template Library.
- When you've found a report that seems like a good fit for your needs, simply select the report and it will populate with data specific to your selected geography. If you'd like to look at data for another place or more than one place, once you create a report you can adjust your geography in the "Reports Settings" section on the right hand side of your report.
- Once the correct geo is set, customize the report so that it fits your community's style. For example: Add a picture of your community, bring in your community's "brand colors" or build an interactive map. For more on how to do that, read Custom Reports.
Import a Report
You can also import any report template or any of your own previously created reports into a new report, limiting the amount of time you spend re-collecting, re-creating, and re-publishing assets.
- Go to the "Menu" on the home page and select "Reports." Choose "New Report", and select your geography.
- When you get to your fresh report screen, select "Import" from the "+" menu.
- From there, choose to select a report template created by mySidewalk or a report you may have created previously you'd like to pull from.
- The mySidewalk tool will carry over all the information from the selected report into your new one. You can choose to reposition items with the arrows on each feature or delete items that may no longer be relevant.
*If you are working from an existing report and would like to import information from another report, simply select the "+" option and then "import". The process works the exact same way whether you are starting from a brand new report or strengthening an existing one.
A Little Inspiration
Here are a few reports we've created using the Reports Template Library. All of these are currently available for you to apply to your community today.
- State of Downtown: Transportation (featuring the Downtown Council of Kansas City)
- Key Indicators for Economic Development Corporations (featuring the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership)
- Citizen Survey Overview (featuring the City of Olathe, KS)
- Evaluating Community Fire Risk (featuring the City of Cincinnati, OH)
Please reach out at any time: [email protected]